Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Benchmark Reviews Forum > Member News

Member News Found something interesting? Share it here.

Unread 27th October 2009, 06:17 AM
Senior Contributing Editor
PC Graphics Grew 21% Last Quarter

Hardware companies have been putting out relatively encouraging third-quarter results lately, and now, the market analysis firms seem to be following suit. Jon Peddie Research has crunched the numbers on the latest graphics processor shipments, which it says increased a cool 21.2% between the second and third quarters—the highest growth in nine years.

PC Graphics Market Soars Over 21% says Jon Peddie Research
constant danger, safe return journey doubtful.
Honour and recognition in case of success.

Ernest Shackleton
Unread 27th October 2009, 07:40 AM
Executive Editor
That's a play on numbers. The graphics industry retracted almost double that number over the past three quarters, so it's not a suprise to see it grow as the sector recovers.
Unread 27th October 2009, 08:20 AM
Terabyte
Send a message via MSN to RagingShadow07
ATI's 5000 series is the biggest cause of the jump, I'm sure. By now, almost everyone that wanted/wants a GTX 2xx or 48x0, has one, and up until now, about the only 'new' cards were NVIDIA's re-branded or die shrunk cards, liike the GTS 250.
Unread 27th October 2009, 08:33 AM
Executive Editor
Not to swing this thread off-topic, but if I could wipe my ass with the GTS 250 I would. Actually, it's the ideal of the GTS 250 that disappoints me. Hi everyone, I'm NVIDIA, and I'll make a product called the GeForce 9800 GTX. Then I'll rename it to GTX+ just a month later so I can alienate all of the original buyers. After that, I'll rename it to GTS 250 so that I can make sure you all know that your top-of-line GPU is now at the bottom of the pile. Just wait, I'll bump the clock up 100MHz and call it the GTS 255.
Unread 27th October 2009, 08:52 AM
Terabyte
I wonder if Apple's purchase of HD 4800 is included in the tab?

... And I expect Q4 to be even better, now that 5700 and 5800 is actually shipping at full tilt.

Cheers
Olle
Unread 27th October 2009, 09:19 AM
Terabyte
Send a message via MSN to RagingShadow07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin Coles View Post
Not to swing this thread off-topic, but if I could wipe my ass with the GTS 250 I would. Actually, it's the ideal of the GTS 250 that disappoints me. Hi everyone, I'm NVIDIA, and I'll make a product called the GeForce 9800 GTX. Then I'll rename it to GTX+ just a month later so I can alienate all of the original buyers. After that, I'll rename it to GTS 250 so that I can make sure you all know that your top-of-line GPU is now at the bottom of the pile. Just wait, I'll bump the clock up 100MHz and call it the GTS 255.
Actually, wasn't the ORIGINAL 9800GTX a re-brand of the 65nm, 128 shader 8800GTS? If so, we've got the GTS 250, which is a smaller, less power hungry 9800GTX+, which is a die shrunk 9800GTX, which is a flat-out re-brand of an 8800GTS.
Sponsored links