GIGABYTE Z77X-UD3H WiFi
1. Z77 white design and boot screen are better than the past.
2. UEFI BIOS provides two BIOS interfaces.
3. Exclusive BT4.0 /Atheros WiFi card can provide wide connectivity to all mobile devices.
4. Built-in debug LED, 3 buttons and unique mSATA SSD slot.
5. Back IO panel provides USB 3.0 and build in personal preferred Atheros LAN and VIA audio chip.
1. DDR3 2600 compatibility need to be improved.
2. UEFI GUI interface make booting speed is lower than traditional BIOS few seconds. Future Windows8 will fine tune UEFI.
Performance ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 82/100
Components ★★★★★★★★★☆ 88/100
Specification ★★★★★★★★★☆ 86/100
Appearance ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 82/100
C/P Value ★★★★★★★★★☆ 88/100
Letís look back to Core i7-3770K CPU again.
Performance, temperature and power consumption performance are improved mostly, but the temperature is not as good as expectation.
22nm really lower the power consumption, and CPU performance is about 200MHz higher than SNB.
IGP HD 4000 3D performance is 60% improved. It makes integrated GPU can support mid to low 3D software.
This is the first time for CPU using 3D transistors technology. The temperature after OC is higher than 2700K.
Letís move to Z77 chipset. It has several advantages comparing to Z68. All MB brands launched rich Z77 product lines.
Native USB 3.0, Intel Smart Connect / Quick Sync 2.0, Lucid Universal MVP and so on.
The most concern point is price. Z77 price is close to Z68. Even some Z77 boards price is lower than Z68.
Now, you can see the benefits of Z77 chipset.
GIGABYTE Z77X-UD3H WiFi is mid-range of Z77 market, but the spec and components are complete.
They implement many designs from X79 and Z68 to Z77X-UD3H. Especially, the BT4.0/WiFi card are distinguishing exclusive feature
The price is a little higher than Z68X-UD3H, but the spec is much better. It makes Z77X-UD3H be a good choice in mid-end market.
This review is also in my blog WIND3C
, Any comments are welcome.