Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Parts Bin > Contests

Contests This is where the contest trolls live. Post your contest news here!

Unread 14th February 2011, 09:12 AM
Executive Editor
Win EA Medal of Honor for PC from Benchmark Reviews

Benchmark Reviews is offering one lucky visitor their own Medal of Honor video game for PC. That's right, Benchmark Reviews will send you (1) one free license for the full retail version of this game for download via EA downloader. All that you must do is make a post in this tread and tell us which video card you'll be gaming with!

Random Drawing Rules:
  1. Open to open to everyone, everywhere, world-wide.
  2. Drawing ends 12PM Friday 18 February 2011.
  3. Winner must claim prize within 24-hours of notification.
EARN A SECOND ENTRY: Become a fan of Benchmark Reviews on Facebook, and you'll receive a second entry! Just enter in both places!

MEDAL OF HONOR
Game Description
Operating under the National Command Authority, a relatively unknown entity of handpicked warriors is called on when the mission must not fail. They are the Tier 1 Operators. There are more than 2 million Americans who proudly wear the uniform, of which some 50,000 fall under the Special Operations Command. The Tier 1 Operator functions on a plane above and beyond even this select group. Their exact numbers, while classified, are believed to be in the low hundreds. They are living, breathing, precision instruments of war. They are experts in the application of violence.

Medal of Honor’s gritty single-player campaign is inspired by and developed with actual Tier 1 Operators, and gives plsyers the unique ability to step into their boots. Utilize the surgical skill set of these elite warriors – in combination with the overwhelming force of the U.S. Army Rangers – to infiltrate enemy-held territories in the unforgiving battlefield conditions of Afghanistan. This unparalleled experience offers the most authentic and relevant combat to date.
Getting back to the core of heart-pounding, all-out action, Medal of Honor multiplayer plays out in close quarters where the individual player’s skill is the most important tool for survival. Two teams of up to twelve players battle against one another on eight custom maps in the unforgiving mountains, valleys, and cities of Afghanistan. The unique game modes feature modern-day vehicles, realistic destruction, plus a weapon customization system that grants you access to hundreds of combinations of mods. When the battle is over, see how you stack up against other players on the game’s skill-specific leaderboards.

Key Features
 Fight Today’s War—Go to war as elite soldiers in a gritty combat campaign using surgical tactics combined with sledgehammer force.
 Unparalleled Authenticity—An intense story with incredible pacing and variety set in the rugged landscape of Afghanistan creates a shooter experience only available from the famed Medal of Honor franchise.

 Realistic Battlegrounds—Wage war from the Helmand Valley to the city ruins of Kabul. Environments vary from snowy mountains to vast desert fields, and small villages to labyrinthine city streets.
 Scalpel and Sledgehammer—Experience different sides of the war—the surgical warfare conducted by Tier 1 Operators and the overwhelming force of the big army—through the eyes of four playable characters from the elite branches of the military.
 Asymmetrical Warfare—Join the Coalition as a war-hardened soldier or fight as a dug-in guerrilla Insurgent in 12-on-12 multiplayer matches sure to spike your adrenaline.
 4 Multiplayer Modes by DICE —Jump into a fast-paced Team Assault match, where classic Deathmatch rules and quick reactions are king, or engage in the story-driven Combat Mission mode, where Coalition forces look to take over specific objectives. These high-action modes and more are built by the creators of Battlefield.
 Tactical Support Actions—Players use personal skill to support their team directly in a coordinated assault raining death from the sky, or change the tide of battle by boosting their team’s defensive capabilities when they need it most.
 Strategic Weapon Customization—Players can customize their gear mid-game and adapt to the situation at hand. Every equipment alteration impacts the method of combat.

Other Features
 Awards and Achievements
 Realistic Destruction
 Vehicle Combat
 Dedicated Servers
 Multiplayer Persistence and Ranking

Product Specifications
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Danger Close, EA Digital Illusions CE AB
Street Date: October 12th, 2010 North America; October 15th EU
Category: First Person Shooter
Unread 14th February 2011, 10:21 PM
Megabyte
EVGA GTX 460
I'm already a Facebook fan.
Unread 15th February 2011, 12:11 AM
Bit
I'll play with Gecube HD 3850 512 MB
Unread 16th February 2011, 11:30 AM
Bit
Thanks for the Chance,....

Thanks for the chance at owning this game for free. My current Video cards are a GTX-570, and a HD6870, as well as a HD5850.

This game would most likely be installed onto the system with the GTX-570 because it has a larger 27" screen.
Unread 16th February 2011, 09:25 PM
Gigabyte
Send a message via ICQ to Daryl Greene Send a message via AIM to Daryl Greene Send a message via MSN to Daryl Greene Send a message via Yahoo to Daryl Greene Send a message via Skype™ to Daryl Greene
Evga 9800gtx+

Interesting that I can't enter the video card with all capital letters. it changes to what you see above as soon as I click post.
Unread 17th February 2011, 06:48 AM
Bit
I am in, will be playing with XFX HD5770.
Unread 17th February 2011, 09:02 AM
Bit
I will be using the GTX 260 unless someone wants to donate something better!
Unread 17th February 2011, 06:33 PM
Byte
I just upgraded to a Zotac GTX570 - it freekin' rocks!!!

Thanks for the contest, and good luck to all! I'm assuming the winner will be notified via email?

(if it matters, my Facebook name is 'David Buckman')

Last edited by dlb : 17th February 2011 at 06:38 PM.
Unread 18th February 2011, 03:04 PM
Contributing Editor
I shall be using a GTX 460.

Good luck everyone.
Unread 18th February 2011, 03:30 PM
Executive Editor
I've sent a PM to the winner, and hope to have them playing Medal of Honor this weekend!