Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Software > General Software Forum

General Software Forum Discuss all other software related topics, or anything else with a byte to it.

Unread 27th January 2010, 08:21 PM
Gigabyte
Send a message via ICQ to Daryl Greene Send a message via AIM to Daryl Greene Send a message via MSN to Daryl Greene Send a message via Yahoo to Daryl Greene Send a message via Skype™ to Daryl Greene
Redirect Issue

I've had an issue lately. At first I thought it was just FireFox but discovered it happens in IE as well. The thing is that when I Google search and then click on a link, I get redirected to some random site. I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it doesn't find anything. I ran Hijack This and didn't spot anything myself, but that doesn't mean something isn't there. I ran microsoft's tool to find nothing and avg really hasn't found anything. Anyone have any ideas?
Unread 27th January 2010, 10:18 PM
Executive Editor
Here's a very quick step-by-step I use to clean infected computers for clients:
  1. Download and install CCleaner. Check all option boxes except auto complete form history, windows size/location cache, and wipe free space. Run Cleaner.
  2. Go here: Microsoft Security Essentials Offers Free Anti-Virus Protection. Download and install, then update. Cancel the auto-scan after isntallation (uncheck box).
  3. Restart Windows in safe mode, (F8) and complete a full scan.
If you follow these instructions exactly as I've given them, and you can remove nearly all malware and virus infections if treated immediately after detection.
Unread 28th January 2010, 01:30 AM
Contributing Editor
Also try spybot search and destroy.