Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Software > Web Design & Development

Web Design & Development Discussion ranging from HTML to SEO, PHP to XML, and everything else inbetween.

Unread 29th December 2008, 10:33 AM
Executive Editor
Copy Joomla content title to meta description and keywords

Benchmark Reviews is a Joomla 1.1.x website. After reaching over 5000 content items, I realized that almost all of the items (that were not featured articles) lacked any meta tag description and keyword. I knew that MySQL would allow me to duplicate the content title of each item into the metadesc and metakey fields. Here is the query to perform:

UPDATE jos_content
SET metadesc = title, metakey = title

This query would have been perfect if every single content item needed this, but only the items after content ID 220 were missing these fields. So heres the query I ran for my particular scenario:

UPDATE jos_content
SET metadesc = title, metakey = title
WHERE id >= '220'
Sponsored links