Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Hardware > Overclockers Lounge

Overclockers Lounge Post your projects and results in this section.

Unread 23rd December 2008, 04:23 AM
Bit
NiBiTOr BIOS Question

Hi

I am using NiBiTor 4.6 to flash my Geforce 8800GTS 320. But when selecting Tools->Read Bios->Select Device I get the Error "Cant start driver: 1275".

I am running Vista x64 Ultimate. I have tried to fix the signed drivers-thing, disabled it and such, but it still doesnt work.

However, I saved my bios from GPU-Z0.3.0 to a .Bin-file. I.E a copy of my bios from my card.

In NiBiTor I can go from file->open bios->*my bios*. Then I get my clocks and voltages and so on.
But on clocks I only get the 3D Mhz but not the 2D and extra. But is it sufficient to only chance the 3D MHZ? All other fields are completely blank!

Regards
Björn
Unread 23rd December 2008, 07:54 AM
Executive Editor
Hello Björn, and welcome to Benchmark Reviews.

NiBiTor may not run properly in 64-bit environments, so you may want to create a virtual machine or do the BIOS editing on another system. GPU-Z is fine for exporting the existing BIOS, which you can then edit with NiBiTor. You'll need to flash the card is a DOS-level environment, and not from within Windows.

Good luck!
Unread 23rd December 2008, 09:51 AM
Bit
Hi again

I was able to flash my card in MS-DOS, but some werid problem occurred.

Ok so my weird problem is this, I clocked my mem from 1.6Ghz to ~1.9Ghz.
Did that clocking in RivaTuner, and I also did my core and shader clocking in RivaTuner.
Core from 513 to 684, and shader to 1620.

After benching and gaming everything was very stable and ok load-temp (~80.C).
I then saved backup bios from GPU-Z, and loaded that into NiBiTor 4.6 where I changed the org.clocks to my overclocked settings, also some fan-settings.

Booted into MS-DOS and flashed with nvflash. Everything went nice and then checkes specs in Nvidia-control-panel.
Everything was as I expected, all settings where now to my OC-settings.

Before I flashed I used RivaTuners "Apply oc-settings at windows startup"-box.
Now when I have flashed I though I problably wont need that anymore. So I unchecked it, then rebooted to check that everything was same.

But no...
My mem-speed was at my OC-setting (972 (1.9Ghz)) but my core was back to default (513Mhz)!

And now when I look in GPU-Z it looks like this:

Did I do something wrong at flashing? Or will the card clock itself up to "default" when running a program?

Sorry if my English is a litle bad at the moment, I'm a litle drunk from eggnog and tierd. Oh, and i'm from Sweden
And thanks for this very good site, the guides are awsome!
Unread 23rd December 2008, 10:08 AM
Executive Editor
Hello Björn, it sounds as though the video card was not actually flashed with nvflash. Please go through the steps mentioned here: Overclocking the NVIDIA GeForce Video Card
Unread 23rd December 2008, 12:04 PM
Bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin Coles View Post
Hello Björn, it sounds as though the video card was not actually flashed with nvflash. Please go through the steps mentioned here: Overclocking the NVIDIA GeForce Video Card
Acctually, that was the guide I used and followed step by step.

But what is the difference between clock and default clock?
http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gpuzzk8.jpg

And how come the mem-clock is same as default, but not the core?
Any thoughts?

EDIT:
AHA! Found it!

I uninstalled RivaTuner and then the clockspeed matched. Somehow RivaTUner downclocked my core and shader to default :S
Anyways, now my Card is clocked and flashed and everything works as it is suppose to.

Thnx!

Last edited by BjornP : 23rd December 2008 at 12:16 PM.
Unread 23rd December 2008, 12:17 PM
Executive Editor
In GPU-Z, the default clock is the speed during 3d mode, and the GPU clock (as it's referred to in that program) is the current clock speed in low-power 2d mode.
Unread 1st July 2010, 10:03 AM
Bit
NiBiTOr BIOS Question

reflash with an earlier bios or a new copy of the same bios.Also if you are doing so now, dont flash in windows, use the asus tool built into your bios.
Sponsored links