Temperature performance (Ambient temperature is 28 Celsius)
System standby - 38~46
Running LinX, CPU at full speed - 82~87
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 is a radiator that has gain higher C/P ratio on the market, while its price falls around the medium level.
Although the temperature is slightly higher when overclocking to 4.5GHz, its radiation capacity is quite satisfactory if considering its reasonable price..
If you think the temperature of 80 Celsius is too high, it is helpful to enhance the internal cooling or reduce the overclocking to 4.4GHz when installing it into the case.
Power consumption test
System standby - 125W
Running LinX, CPU at full speed - 222W
3770K OC 4.5GHz, C1E disabled, and the system standby under GTX 570 SLI mode, it is only 125W.
When CPU is at full speed, it will increase about 97W. The power consumption under Ivy Bridge platform is obviously lower than the last generation of Sandy Bridge.
BIOSTAR Hi-Fi Z77X
1. The price is a little higher than the basic-level Z77, with its specification and material similar to the middle-level Z77.
2. Japanese solid capacitor, built-in Power/Reset buttons and simple debug LED.
3. It adopts UEFI interface with fast startup speed, rich options and large range of voltage, as well as excellent overclocking ability.
4. Provide special Calibration Microphone to adjust the sound field based on the surroundings.
5. With special design of audio effect of the built-in Hi-Fi, the MB power supply has 13 phases in total.
1. BIOSTAR has no distribution channel in Taiwan currently.
2. It is suggested using the advanced audio chips, such as Creative CA0132 or VIA Envy24MT.
3. DDR3 bandwidth has some improvement room.
Performance ratio ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 80/100
Material ratio ★★★★★★★★★☆ 85/100
Specification ratio ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 82/100
Appearance ratio ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 82/100
C/P ratio ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 83/100
BIOSTAR Hi-Fi Z77X is sold at US$150(NT$4,382), which is almost the same price of TZ77XE4 when released on the market.
Currently, the price of TZ77XE4 has dropped to US$120 or so, but it has two more SATAs and one DisplayPort. Thus, the C/P ratio will be increased.
Both Hi-Fi Z77X and Hi-Fi H77S are two models of Intel platform introduced with Hi-Fi material.
Hi-Fi A85X and Hi-Fi A85W with the AMD FM2 that are released by BIOSTAR lately, also have the same audio effect design.
In recent years, some MB brands have improved the audio effect or the network on the advanced product line, which seems to pave road for the gaming market.
Moreover, the BIOSTAR with affordable price and high performance has also stepped in the design of audio effect.
It is a piece of good news for the users who calls for better built-in audio effect with limited budget. And Hi-Fi design does make substantial improvements on the audio effect.
I hope BIOSTAR will adopt Hi-Fi material in more MB products in the future, so that the consumers will have more MB options with higher C/P ratio.
This article is also post in my blog - WIND3C
, All comments are welcome.