Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum

Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum (
- Home Theater Hardware (
- - Connecting an older PC to an older CRT TV (

Daryl Greene 25th April 2012 05:03 PM

Connecting an older PC to an older CRT TV
Just wondering if someone can help me out in this. Not looking for a tv tuner card but rather how to hook up the pc to the tv to stream video from the net to the tv. Is it possible and what does one need? I am always terrible at finding this kind of thing.

Olin Coles 25th April 2012 07:38 PM

You'll need a TV capable of S-Vidio or Component (RCA) video output, and a video card with corresponding inputs or adapter.

Daryl Greene 26th April 2012 01:48 AM

The fun part is, this old tv's remote receiver doesn't work, so I'm not sure how I would actually use the s-video capability. Not sure about a video card with component out that I could use either.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Performance Computers, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger