Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Hardware > Peripheral Hardware

Peripheral Hardware The forum is for everything outside the computer case.

Unread 7th January 2011, 10:44 PM
Bit
Razer Orochi Inquiry

Greetings Folks,

I just bought a Razer Orchi about a month ago and although it's an excellent mouse, response wise (I use it wired), it has one flaw....It inadvertantly and spontaneously wakes up my laptop from sleep mode simply through any vibration within the vicinity of the mouse (for example, tapping on the desk).

I've have done everything possible on my laptop including disabling the mouse from waking the computer in the Device Manager, lowering the DPI, lowering the polling (although when the polling is set at 125, that does seem to inhibit the waking problem but at that polling rate the pointer moves like it's being dragged through mud), otherwise the problem still persists. I have also been in an ongoing communication with Razer tech support about it with absolutely no satisfaction (amongst the worst tech support I've ever encountered btw).

So my question is:

Does anyone else here own one of these mice and if so have any of you encountered this issue?? If yes, is there or has there ever been a possible resolution to it posted anywhere on here??

TIA
conductor
Unread 8th January 2011, 07:04 AM
Contributing Editor
Just unplug your mouse when you put your lappy in sleep mode
Unread 8th January 2011, 12:15 PM
Bit
Thanks Steven.....Yeah I can do that but what I've done is set my power options to put the laptop back to sleep after 10 minutes, although I really shouldn't have to do either. Considering the cost of the Orochi I feel this issue shouldn't exist at all.

In any event, I was actually more curious to see if anyone else was having the same problem...?? If not, it could possibly be an isolated incident with this one particular mouse, in which case I still have time in the warranty to have it replaced......Cheers!!

conductor
Unread 14th January 2011, 06:49 AM
Terabyte
The "problem" really should be there with all high performance mice.
If you don't experience it either the sensitivity is too low or the friction too high.
At 2,000 dpi it takes a mouse movement of only 0.01 mm to move the pointer one pixel (and thus wake a sleeping computer).

Cheers
Olle
Unread 22nd January 2011, 11:42 PM
Contributing Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olle P View Post
The "problem" really should be there with all high performance mice.
If you don't experience it either the sensitivity is too low or the friction too high.
At 2,000 dpi it takes a mouse movement of only 0.01 mm to move the pointer one pixel (and thus wake a sleeping computer).

Cheers
Olle
Olle hit the nail on the head, if you are using a mouse with high sensitivity you need to be prepared for it to automatically move at the slightest movement.
Sponsored links