Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Hardware > Peripheral Hardware

Peripheral Hardware The forum is for everything outside the computer case.

Unread 18th September 2010, 09:44 PM
Bit
Need help with external storage

I have an old dell xps m1710 laptop with I used for work but recently started using for gaming which has run out of hard drive space.
I am in the process of putting together a budget for a gaming pc which I hope to purchase by early December.
I will most likely use a WD black cavier hd or SSD depending on the final budget. That system will run on windows 7 while my poor laptop is still stuck on vista 32bit. This external would be used for gaming for now.

Would I be able to run both on vista without any problems as an external?
Is there any problems once that drive is full integrating into the new pc which would have the new operating system?

Thanks
Unread 19th September 2010, 11:40 PM
Terabyte
What's Vista got to do with it? One computer on XP and the other on 7 should be able to communicate and share drives!

SSD is lousy for storage, from a pricing point of view, and if you're on a tight/moderate budget you shouldn't even consider it for running the OS. (It's good for use in the laptop though!)

Cheers
Olle
Sponsored links