Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Software > General Software Forum

General Software Forum Discuss all other software related topics, or anything else with a byte to it.

Unread 3rd May 2008, 01:16 PM
Executive Editor
BAPCO SYSmark 2007 Previuew v1.04.670 Errors

Sometimes it seems that the most complex software creations are too good to be true; offering so many integrated features and opening the doors to functionality never before seen. And then sometimes you have to learn the hard way.

BAPCO recently sent Benchmark Reviews their v1.04.670 release of the SYSmark 2007 Preview benchmark suite of software. For those who don't know, this software completely fills two install DVD's and combines dozens of very large commercial applications (such as AutoCAD, Premier, etc) into one program.

The problem is that it doesn't work. I just installed Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 from onto a brand new hard drive, installed updates, and then installed SYSmark. But this is where the story begins...

Benchmark Reviews was geared up to run SYSmark 2007 back when we reviewed the Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 DES X48 DDR3 Motherboard, the only problem was: it didn't work. At least not on a clean XP Pro SP2 install.

So I waited, and BAPCO updated, and I upgraded to Vista, and BAPCO made new claims of improved functionality. But, in the end, the entire SYSmark 2007 Preview v1.04.670 program would end my otherwise pleasant day with a "sysmark harness error" at the beginning of my tests. Well, the lesson has been learned, and I feel a deep sorrow for anyone who pays $500 for this software (which I received through sponsorship).
Unread 2nd June 2009, 05:56 PM
Bit
Issues while installing Sysmark2007

Hi every one,

I was trying to install sysmark2007 preview 1.05 but at the end of the 2nd DVD it gives me a message saying that installation of the files have failed and those files are 3DS MAX, Adobe After Effects and MS Project, and when I tried to install it manually it says the cabinet file is corrupt(For Example:Error 1315: the cabinet file Cabs.max2.cab required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This cud incdicate network error,a n error reading from the CDROM or a problem with this package.). I have used brand new sysmark2007 DVDs. I have followed all the prerequirements like disabling the necessary options(disabling auto disk defragmentation, disable remote assistance.....) and running Bapco_autoconfig_file as an administrator.I didn't even install the updates while installing the vista homebasic. The drive that I am trying to install my sysmark2007 software is an OCZ SSD 120 GB Sata II.

Can anyone suggest me regarding this issue

Thanks
Djkahc
Unread 2nd June 2009, 07:50 PM
Executive Editor
Although this is not the quickest fix, I would suggest that you copy the installation DVDs to a local drive and attempt install from there. If that doesn't work, you might need to request a new disc from Bapco.
Unread 3rd June 2009, 01:00 PM
Bit
ThanQ Olin Coles, I will try it that way and let you know...
Unread 15th June 2009, 10:18 AM
Bit
problems running sysmark

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble running sysmark07, I have followed the below order inorder to run it.

1.Installed Vista,2.Disabled the settings using Bapco readme file by running it as administrator,3.Installed Sysmark, 4.Installed Windows updates 5.Again disabled the settings,rebooted the system and ran sysmark07, but it gives me sysmark harness error for some reason.

Any suggestions in order to make it run successfully?

Thanks

Ram
Sponsored links