Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Hardware > Networking

Networking All WiFi, LAN, WAN, and Internet related discussions belong in here.

Unread 11th May 2010, 09:15 AM
Bit
Updated Routers

I am new to this forum, I was reading the wireless/wired network forums and reviews and it seems that there are some really old posts. Are there any plans to review and compare wireless routers? Pit against other comparable and equal routers?

I am in the market for a new router and network adapters. I read some reviews that were dated in 2008, but I am sure there are more products out there. Any more details on the N standards? What is the better router for streaming movies? Which one is better for on line gaming? Which is better at both?

Just looking for new updates on routers and network adapters across the board.
Unread 11th May 2010, 10:21 AM
Senior Contributing Editor
Hello swatbat,

We've reviewed a few new routers recently, take a look at the Reviews section for Networking here.

The two latest are the ASUS RT-N16 Wireless-N Gigabit Router and the Buffalo WZR2-G300N Nfiniti Wireless-N Router.

Take a look at those, they were both reviewed by Steven Iglesias-Hearst here on Benchmark Reviews. Hope this helps.
Unread 11th May 2010, 12:35 PM
Bit
Okay, thanks. I read these and reviewed the results. I like the data, but I wonder how each of these, the Belkin N1 and the D-Link DIR-655 compare to each other.

Does one have better security? Does one perform better than the other?

What do others say is the better router for multi-level homes. Mine is a tri-level with a basement. I am looking towards streaming movies and definitely I game online.
Unread 14th May 2010, 07:38 AM
Bit
So I am wondering if anyone here has any thoughts on Belkin products. I was reading the performance reviews and I am trying to decide.

The review for the USB antenna (Belkin F5D8053) is good, but has anyone compared it to the F5D8055? Are they the same in performance?

I have been a D-link guy for a long time, but their customer support has become horrible and their products seem, to me at least, limited. So I am looking to overhaul, anyone?
Sponsored links