CPU Full Speed by Linx - 163W
If only use IGP HD Graphics 4000, the power consumption is similar to 3770K in OS desktop.
As 4.8GHz, 3570K is 12W lower than 3770K which is not big difference.
These two CPU still owns Ivy Bridge 22nm advantage which is must power saving than former 32nm.
1. Z77 series white color box and booting screen is improved.
2. Using UEFI BIOS technology and provide two interfaces for choice.
3. Itís standard ATX PCB and built-in my personal preferred Atheros LAN and VIA audio.
4. OC ability is excellent. CPU can run at 4.8GHz stable and DDR3 can reach 2600MHz as well.
5. Back IO panel provides 4 USB 3.0 ports and exclusive mSATA SSD slot.
1. DDR3 2600 bandwidth need to be improved
2. CPU-Z cannot detect the real voltage
Performance ★★★★★★★★★☆ 88/100
Components ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 77/100
Specification ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 83/100
Appearance ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 77/100
C/P Value ★★★★★★★★★☆ 92/100
This review is focus on Ivy Bridge mid-end OC platform, Z77 with Core i5-3570K.
3570K is following model of 2500. The temperature and power consumption are similar to 3770K.
OC range is also close to 3770K. If your cooling and CPU quality are good enough, 4.8GHz is easy to keep stable run.
However, in terms of price, 3570K is much lower than 3770K. If you are not heavy overclockers, 3570K is good option for you.
GIGABYTE Z77-D3H uses VIA VT2021 audio chip. I use Realtek ALC892 to compare with it by headset.
VT2021 medium frequency is better, especially in vocal. For high frequency and stress are similar.
If you are always listening music, you can consider to use VIA VT2021 to have better quality in medium frequency.
Z77-D3H price is a little bit higher than entry Z77 MB, but the spec make it have better C/P value.
The OC ability is close to high end Z77. LAN and audio chips are also better in my personal experience.
This time, even though Intel Z77 is most high end Ivy Bridge chipset, but the price is lower than the past as launching stage.
Maybe itís the result of market and competition. Users can lower their budget to get latest platform.
This review is also post in my blog WIND3C
. Any comments are welcome.