Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Software > Games

Games This is why you bought your computer, and you know it. Discuss games here.

Unread 31st May 2008, 01:13 AM
Byte
Send a message via Yahoo to lilskeeter08
PC:UT Series and Always will love MOH:AA
N64: Mario Kart and GoldenEye lol
Unread 3rd November 2008, 07:54 PM
Bit
I'm playing COD2, Counter Strike and Generals
Unread 6th November 2008, 12:22 AM
Terabyte
This is a tough question...

I'm much into realistic war games and simulators.
- The first three Combat Mission titles were great, with CMBB and CMAK still being state of the art, IMO. (The newer CMSF is a leap backwards, again IMO.)
- For more reaction based action the Steel Beasts series is great. Modern armoured combat in a nutshell. I still would like to try a massive SB fight on a LAN party. The software is light enough to allow a player to host a five player game via 56k phone modem, just think how many players could be supported on Gbit Ethernet. The game allow scenarios with up to 180 tanks per side, with two players crewing each tank (commander and gunner) that spells up to 720 players in one battle!
I wouldn't think of doing that with the new SB Pro, 'cause that's too hardware demanding (and expensive in the required full version, and only sold to governments).

Another little gem is Tropico, which is more of a political simulator where you rule a small caribbean island. I've had lots of success running it as a true communist: Lots of democracy and freedom for the population, low wage spread and plenty of education and social services. No army! As such I'm loved by everybody (including USA and USSR) but the hardcore militarists on the island, and the tourist based economy flourish.

How many of these abovementioned games have you ever played...?

Cheers
Olle
Unread 16th February 2009, 08:18 PM
Kilobyte
Brave Fencer Musashi and Megaman Legends. Playstation's Golden Age.
Unread 27th March 2009, 04:03 PM
Bit
I still play joint operations i have all the current mods available for it i have played it since it come out i was a beta tester for tr and esc and i played the delta force series from df2 up to bhd and beta tested the bhd team sabre exp
played alot of farcry too
cod quite a bit
rtcw

I am digging left4dead spore and looking forward to playing quite a few titles once my new rig is complete
i will be getting
stalker series
bioshock
crysis series
sims 3
far cry 2
some of the cod series
Unread 22nd April 2009, 11:48 PM
Terabyte
Send a message via MSN to RagingShadow07
Haha, this thread is kind of dead.

Blah, tough choice for me. I think my favorite game I've ever played was/is Call of Duty 4. Bought week of release on 360, then went over to PC gaming, and bought it for PC. A year later, I'm still playing it (multi-player, anyways.)
Unread 2nd July 2009, 11:46 AM
Gigabyte
Send a message via MSN to Remacno
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinchops View Post
I still play joint operations i have all the current mods available for it i have played it since it come out i was a beta tester for tr and esc and i played the delta force series from df2 up to bhd and beta tested the bhd team sabre exp
played alot of farcry too
cod quite a bit
rtcw

I am digging left4dead spore and looking forward to playing quite a few titles once my new rig is complete
i will be getting
stalker series
bioshock
crysis series
sims 3
far cry 2
some of the cod series
Oh yeah! Love the oldies! Although, my favorite games:

PC: UT Series and Crysis
Wii: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new world
Xbox: The Incredible Hulk
PS3: Resistance 2
PS2: Final Fantasy Series
PSX: Megaman X and Final Fantasy 8 and 9
N64: No doubt...Zelda
Unread 3rd July 2009, 06:22 AM
Gigabyte
Send a message via ICQ to Daryl Greene Send a message via AIM to Daryl Greene Send a message via MSN to Daryl Greene Send a message via Yahoo to Daryl Greene Send a message via Skype™ to Daryl Greene
I would say the UT series up to 2k4. UT3 is a substandard piece of garbage! I cannot believe that Epic put out that "game". Then again, I can't believe that people actually bought it before it was fixed properly. All everyone said was, "The community will fix it!"

I never understood why people are like that. Accept a broken product because the UNPAID "community" not the software company is expected to fix the issues. As far as I can tell, the community hasn't fixed anything. Nor has Epic. I wouldn't even have this game had REMACNO not bought it for me.
Unread 5th July 2009, 01:39 AM
Gigabyte
Send a message via MSN to Remacno
Hey, if you don't like that UT3 copy I bought you, you could always mail it to me so I can do some map editing. XD

Then again, this PoS computer will not run it...I'm quite sure of that!
Unread 26th October 2009, 12:20 AM
Bit
Meh, long list... Final Fantasty VIII & X, Megaman 3 and X, most of the Zelda / half-life / mario games. Civilization IV, starcraft, warcraft 3, diablo 2, and Lufia II are also great games. ;p
Sponsored links