Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Software > Operating Systems

Operating Systems Discuss the latest bug, patch, or new release in this section.

Unread 18th October 2010, 08:06 PM
Gigabyte
Send a message via MSN to Remacno
Serious issues with Win7!

I don't understand why I keep encountering problems on this freakin' OS. I have everything installed correctly and I started over from scratch on this last reinstall. Made sure to remove every last bit from the computer. I finally got all my games reinstalled and now I can only play one of them. Don't get WTF is going on here! I play ASDA Story and Grand Chase which are two of my favorite MMORPG games. Whenever I start them up, it goes to the game patcher, starts up the load screen, freezes, crashes, and if I try to do anything like opening Task Manager or My Computer, my entire system will mess up.

What is with this garbage? Is anyone else having problems like this? From my understanding, if the game does not run in Win7, changing the compatibility to the proper Windows type should have worked. The problem is the same for whatever OS compatibility that I select. Even running as admin does not help.

Any ideas on wtf is going on with this pathetic excuse for an OS?
Unread 18th October 2010, 08:14 PM
Executive Editor
I'll let you continue to complain about the O/S, when it sounds like the problem is clearly the game or driver. Until you can offer more detail, don't expect too much help.
Unread 18th October 2010, 08:46 PM
Gigabyte
Send a message via MSN to Remacno
Lol I explained it as best I could. I see reports all over about these issues and the same outcome and nobody has provided a solution in over a year. I figured that I may get a little more help on here than I would elsewhere. Guess not! From my understanding from a message on a post from last October, Win7 does not allow DLL hooks into the system folder which is what Gameguard is. It tracks DLLs to avoid any hacking attempts and Win7 gives hell letting people play games that require Gameguard. I don't get it! I have sought help from the guys on the tech team for some of the games that I play and they always say the same things...reinstall the game or check your firewall. That shouldn't be a problem since the game starts but doesn't go past the initial intro screen.

I don't know...I'm a little annoyed here since 90% of the games that I play require this program to run.
Unread 19th October 2010, 06:57 AM
Executive Editor
You even give the error you're receiving, and you failed to mention anything about Gameguard. I suggest that you uninstall, and then reinstall the game software as Administrator (right click).