Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Software > Games

Games This is why you bought your computer, and you know it. Discuss games here.

Unread 4th June 2010, 03:38 PM
Terabyte
Send a message via MSN to RagingShadow07
May have just been pure luck, but I think that upgrade really is helping my game.

Unread 7th July 2010, 09:17 AM
Bit
I'm gonna have to put a ban on any BFBC2 talk whilst my gaming rig is on a boat from the UK to Vegas. Look forward to getting some games in once I get set up. As for the friends list...it's bugged but there is a work around. If you have a friend, you both need to submit a request to each other, once both accepted, they will be on your list. Sometimes it takes 2-3 times going back and forth, but it will work if you keep on trying. I'll add you both when I get setup, my in-game name: Shr3D3m
Unread 7th July 2010, 09:20 AM
Executive Editor
I'll add you the next time I play... it's been almost two weeks now that my Internet has been dropping out. Charter comes today to correct a high signal noise issue on my line.
Unread 7th July 2010, 10:38 AM
Terabyte
Bah, that reminds me of when we had given Verizon Fios a chance. They couldn't get the router/modem installation done properly, and it would reset itself 40 times a day (literally! Same error message every time it disconnected in the router logs) and none of the 5 techs they sent out could figure out the problem. It would only work normally at night-time, from 8PM to 8AM for some reason. Since I couldn't do anything online to save my life, I picked up Mass Effect and went through three or four playthroughs of it in those two weeks.

I haven't even been playing BC2 lately myself. I guess I got burned out on it, but I suppose getting a new PS3 didn't help (Although MGS4 made it completely worth it). That reminds me, though, you have a PS3 don't you, Olin? Have you gotten the chance to play anything good on there lately, or has BC2 been your main game for a while?
Unread 7th July 2010, 11:13 AM
Executive Editor
Generally speaking, my main game is usally my only game... I have many, but play few. I've got a PS3 with about thirty games, but only have time to play it for about one hour every other weekend. Sad, really, but true. I traded (gametz.com) for Tekken 6, and quickly learned that having my arse handed to me every time I played was as good as that game would get. Stupid PS3.
Unread 7th July 2010, 11:27 AM
Terabyte
It's been a year or more since I've attempted to use a controller on anything besides the occasional racer on PC. If there were 10 chances to trip an alert in a scene in MGS4, I'd usually trip 8 of them due to accidentally rolling out right into/onto an enemy... it'll take some getting used to, but I guess I've got nothing to really play on PC.
Unread 7th July 2010, 11:45 AM
Gigabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingShadow07 View Post
It's been a year or more since I've attempted to use a controller on anything besides the occasional racer on PC. If there were 10 chances to trip an alert in a scene in MGS4, I'd usually trip 8 of them due to accidentally rolling out right into/onto an enemy... it'll take some getting used to, but I guess I've got nothing to really play on PC.
Have you seen this new trailer?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtM3PGyiQUc

It seems it's coming also for PC. I have the same problems with console's controllers, which is in part (mainly because I have no time) why I went out from consoles some years ago.
Unread 7th July 2010, 11:52 AM
Terabyte
That trailer was the best trailer I saw at E3, in my opinion. I had heard it was coming to PC, but I've never seen another MGS on PC so I was concerned about how well it would port over. I've got the chance to pick it up on PS3 now, so odds are that's what I'll end up doing.

I was a big 360 guy back in 07-08 but I slowly started becoming a PC gamer as soon as I'd figured out how to install a dedicated graphics card in a PC. I had promised myself I'd never let it happen, but I eventually went from playing extremely well with a controller on Call of Duty 4 to having a kill/death ratio of .3 or sometimes worse every game when I'd attempt to use the 360's controller. It was at that point where I went almost 100% PC gamer.
Unread 7th July 2010, 12:23 PM
Gigabyte
Well, I've never finished a MGS game but if they launch this for PC I'll try it. I love that kind of games similar to Devil May Cry or Star Wars: Force Unleashed. Even they don't have the best graphics or whatever, I enjoy them until the end (which normally doesn't takes that long).
And I share your thoughts about the best E3 trailer.
Unread 7th July 2010, 12:37 PM
Terabyte
MGS as a series is very, very heavily story-based. besides a few recaps on the story in 4, there isn't much someone could understand completely about the story unless they play through MGS1-3 as well. Stealth games are usually my favorite type of game (even going over FPS on some occasions) and MGS is the perfect stealth series, in my opinion. Although 4 literally had about 6 hours of cutscenes and 4-5 hours of gameplay.

It looks like Rising will be different, though. They changed the subtitle from Tactical Espionage Action to Lightning Bolt Action or something like that, implying it'll have a much different gameplay design. Add on to the fact that Hideo Kojima won't be directing it, and it could be a complete spinoff series.
Sponsored links