Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Hardware > Modders Showroom

Modders Showroom Projects only power tools and elbow grease could create.

Unread 10th March 2010, 02:29 AM
Terabyte
Send a message via MSN to RagingShadow07
Few Questions Related to Modding (and where to get supplies)

I did a black paint of my HAF 932 today (first time paint, and it looks horrible for the most part, haha) and I was considering getting some lights or something to add to it. Newegg's selection seems to be lacking compared to other sites I've seen, so I'm wondering if there's another site to use for relatively cheap (hopefully only in price-sense) supplies.

The main things I need are some simple LED strips or maybe cold cathodes, screws (fan screws and the kind that would go into standoffs, primarily) and a fan, although I need some recommendations on fans.

My 140mm in my HAF is spinning at full speed now that it's in the PWRFAN slot (I somehow broke off the pins for my second SYSFAN connector on my motherboard) and it's loud to the point where I wouldn't be able to not use headphones. I need recommendations on something that's similar-performing, and preferably black to match the case if possible.
Unread 10th March 2010, 03:48 AM
Terabyte
I can't recommend any specific US retailers, but regarding the fan; why not instead of a new fan get a good looking fan controller to individually control all the fans you want?

Cheers
Olle
Unread 10th March 2010, 04:01 AM
Terabyte
Send a message via MSN to RagingShadow07
Since I broke one of my board's fan controllers, a controller is definitely something I need to look into, but if I have to every set the 140 up to high speed, odds are it'll make the same noise it's making now. It's not necessarily the noise of the air passing through... more of a vibration that seems to be coming from in the fan rather than vibrations transferring from the case.
Unread 11th March 2010, 02:36 AM
Contributing Editor
some nice products being made by lamptron