Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Software > Games

Games This is why you bought your computer, and you know it. Discuss games here.

Old 30th October 2011, 10:39 AM
Executive Editor
That team deathmatch map I ended on showed me a glitch... I got four kills simply by spawning and taking a step back. Others spawned there afterward, and I knifed each one from behind. Evil.
Old 30th October 2011, 10:55 AM
Terabyte
Send a message via MSN to RagingShadow07
Ha, free dogs tags are fun. I got three on the map with the bulldozers because I flanked to the right. The spawn system could use some work, but it's not nearly as bad as CoD4, because I've yet to spawn on top of a primed claymore or live grenade.

Also, has anyone been playing on an AMD card with the 11.10 Beta 3 drivers or whatever they're called? My brother was saying he was crashing, getting texture errors, and getting some lag when he got close to enemies, and the only reason I could think of would be the video card.
Old 30th October 2011, 02:17 PM
Contributing Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingShadow07 View Post
Also, has anyone been playing on an AMD card with the 11.10 Beta 3 drivers or whatever they're called? My brother was saying he was crashing, getting texture errors, and getting some lag when he got close to enemies, and the only reason I could think of would be the video card.
I haven't tried with the Beta drivers but I know that the 11.9 drivers are good. Now I just need stable NVIDIA drivers, the latest forceware 285.62 just crashed 3 times within 1 hour and I was only using IE and FF web browsers
Old 1st November 2011, 05:57 PM
Executive Editor
Record headshot: 767 meters with SV98 and 7x scope.

Old 18th November 2011, 12:24 AM
Bit
here i just want to share some thing about Battlefield3,

The following information was extracted from the Battlefield 3 Alpha files. The information was contained in the files first installed during the initial download, these files were possibly overwritten once the game was run. The details discovered cover the specific number of singleplayer and mulitplayer maps available including unfinalised gamemodes. The specific build details including the internal build names, weapons, kit items, specializations, weapon accessories and vehicle accessories. Battlefield 3 is currently in Alpha status, the data files represent the Alpha version of the game and do not represent the retail version. The lists replicated here are likely subject to change and do not represent the full version of Battlefield 3.

Battlefield 3 Alpha: Build Information

The Battlefield 3 alpha available to play is known as Venice and is refered to multiple times inside the data files. The data suggests that the build is possibly in the advance stages of Alpha; it even has the codename Venice stated as the beta version. The external stats system Battlelog is known as Blaze, interestingly the data suggests that Battlefield 3 has been in tested as far back as 2009. A commented out section reads "Server.BlazeServiceName bf3-beta-2009-pc". Of all the config settings within the Battlefield 3 Alpha, the most interesting is the suggestion that "On damage spotting" will either be an option or has been tested internally.

Battlefield 3 Alpha: singleplayer Maps

One of the data files contains entries that list the singleplayer maps. Currently there are 9 singleplayer maps in the list, 4 of which are split between two seperate files suggesting they are multi part levels bringing the total to 13. The maps have no specific names but later on we discover that a multiplayer map named Rome appears. We believe that Rome will likely make an appearance during singleplayer. The list of Battlefield 3 singleplayer maps are as follows:
SP_01
SP_02
SP_03
SP_003_B
SP_04
SP_004_B
SP_005
SP_005_B
SP_006
SP_007
SP_008
SP_008_B
SP_009
Battlefield 3 Alpha: Multiplayer Maps

Much like the singleplayer maps the multiplayer maps have no naming convention apart from one map entitled "Testrange_Rome_MP05". The map is listed as a teams map with Squad Rush as the only current listed mode. MP_Subway the current Battlefield 3 Alpha map is listed as "Team Deathmatch", "Teams Small", "Teams Large", "Conquest Small", Conquest Large", "Rush", "Squad Rush" & "Squad Deathmatch". Config files suggest small is currently 16 whilst large is 64, obviously this seems a bit extreme with no in between size so take the current listing as Alpha. There appears to be 12 unique Multiplayer maps listed within the datafiles, each map containing multiple game types (some of which aren't yet listed). The full list of detailed Battlefield 3 alpha multiplayer maps are:
Testrange_Rome_MP05
MP_001
MP_001SR
MP_002
MP_002SR
MP_003
MP_004
MP_004SDM
MP_005 (Rome)
MP_005SR (Rome)
MP_006
MP_006CQ