Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Hardware > Computer System Hardware

Computer System Hardware If it belongs inside the computer, you can discuss it here.

Old 2nd April 2011, 11:14 AM
Gigabyte
Send a message via MSN to Remacno
Compaq Presario CQ56 HDMI Help...

My friend just got himself a Compaq Presario CQ56-100 series computer. He has a SANYO 42" LCD TV and it is HDMI compatible. Is this computer compatible with HDMI setup? It looks like it is, but we can't seem to get the television working with it. I don't even see the display driver for HDMI output in the driver settings. It does say something when I put in the audio output chord to the television but it doesn't look like it has plug-and-play setup with the HDMI output chord.

Thanks for the help guys!

Correction...it is not HDMI it is an external monitor setup that I am looking for. Lol Sorry...still new to the HDMI thing. My mom's laptop is HDMI compatible, this one can connect to an external monitor/television. Is there a particular driver that I need to get to get this thing up and running? We are trying to set it up to a Netflix home theater. XP

Last edited by Remacno : 2nd April 2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 2nd April 2011, 01:46 PM
Contributing Editor
Compaq/HP website

Took all of two minutes...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...40078&sw_lang=
Old 2nd April 2011, 07:15 PM
Gigabyte
Send a message via ICQ to Daryl Greene Send a message via AIM to Daryl Greene Send a message via MSN to Daryl Greene Send a message via Yahoo to Daryl Greene Send a message via Skype™ to Daryl Greene
you would think that my child would have learned to look around the interwebtubes a bit before asking silly questions!
Sponsored links