Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum Right Header

Go Back Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum > Hardware > Overclockers Lounge

Overclockers Lounge Post your projects and results in this section.

Old 1st September 2010, 05:01 PM
Executive Editor
What has Gigabyte's tech support suggested? At this point, it sounds like a motherboard limitation more than motherboard failure.
Old 1st September 2010, 11:31 PM
Gigabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin Coles View Post
What has Gigabyte's tech support suggested? At this point, it sounds like a motherboard limitation more than motherboard failure.
Just got their response. They said basically to do what we just did. So I sent them the results. Hopefully I can get this cross-shipped ASAP. Maybe I'll get the revision 2.
Old 8th September 2010, 04:49 AM
Gigabyte
They won't cross ship shit they said. So they want me to send the board in and want to fiddle-**** around with it for 3-4 weeks. Like, yeah that's gonna happen. I need this box for work.

Anyway, I went to Gigabytes download today and there is no longer an F12 BIOS available. It seems like the highest is now F6, but released on the same date as the F12. Can you shed some light on this?

Before I send the board in, I'm going to take the CPU out once more and reseat it. Then I'm going to have to buy another Fing board before I send this POS in.

BIOS:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...3304&dl=1#bios
Can't even find an F12 now.
Old 8th September 2010, 08:31 AM
Executive Editor
Why would they cross-ship? That would be a losing proposition for any business, because if the motherboard turns out to be fine they are out a new product and shipping.

Look here: Latest Gigabyte Motherboard BIOS Firmware Downloads
Old 8th September 2010, 11:15 AM
Gigabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin Coles View Post
Why would they cross-ship? That would be a losing proposition for any business, because if the motherboard turns out to be fine they are out a new product and shipping.

Look here: Latest Gigabyte Motherboard BIOS Firmware Downloads
Because it's under "warranty." They could just stipulate that if there isn't anything wrong with it, then you just bought yourself a new motherboard. I'm going to have to buy another one anyway. But I can see your point. On the other hand, if you use a computer for work, how can you rip your main board out and continue to work?

So, I'm going to buy a board--lol. I think I'm going to go with the UD5 rev 2. It's only 45 more with rebates than the UD3. The thing about it is how can I make sure I get the REV 2 board?

Last edited by Doug Dallam : 8th September 2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 19th September 2010, 12:11 AM
Gigabyte
Olin,

I just installed my new UD5 rev 2 board and let me tell you, the old board was horrible compared to this one. After I took the old board out I got a photographers loop and it looked like one of the pins was burnt.

Gonna go back to my old OC setting now. I'll let you know.

EDIT:

Everything seems fine with my old OC at 3.8, except with the new MB there are three settings for vDroop, MS recommended, more, and even more. I think I'm going to have to increase that because wide open at 3.8 I'm only hitting a max vCore of 1.264. Everytime I tried to OC to 3.8 using less than 1.34v (actual), I got a BSOD. Right now I'm running P95 and it hasn't BSODed yet. However, the core temp is 78C which is about what it was at 1.34 vcore. Kinda strange.

CPU-Z reporting. ver. 153.1

This problem is SOLVED!

BAD MOTHERBOARD!

Last edited by Doug Dallam : 19th September 2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 14th October 2010, 01:17 AM
Gigabyte
I got the board back a few days ago. Since I already installed a new UD5 rev. 2, and it works AWESOME, I'm not in a hurry to tear things apart just to see if the repaired UD5 rev 1 actually is fixed. What Gigabyte said was the BIOS chip was corrupted and they reprogrammed it. Could have that bee3n the problem and only the problem--a corrupted BIOS chip that works fine except disables a RAM slot? I wish I had the money to build another system so I could test that board. Something tells me it ain't fixed.
Sponsored links